Actuarial Diversity Scholarship
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship Has Merged With STEM Stars
To enhance our impact on diversity within the actuarial profession, the Actuarial Diversity Scholarship has transformed into the STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program.
Through STEM Stars, we identify, recruit, and support high school students committed to pursuing a career as an actuary. Twenty students are selected each year to receive financial support as well as mentoring, tutoring, immersion experiences, and exposure to internships and job shadowing opportunities. By providing higher-touch, holistic support that starts in high school, extends through college, and continues through exams and ultimately into a career, we believe we can help build a robust talent pipeline and strengthen the community of diverse students entering the actuarial profession.
We extend a heartfelt thank you to our reviewers, mentors, supporters, and recipients of the Actuarial Diversity Scholarship. Nearly twenty years ago we took our first steps to begin to improve diversity in the profession. Now, together we will take bold new steps to bring new people, new perspectives, and new ideas to the actuarial community.
If you are a student interested in a career as an actuary and looking for scholarships, please click on the link below to learn more about the STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program and view our other scholarship opportunities.
4 Steps to Apply for a Scholarship from The Actuarial Foundation
Applying for a scholarship is easy. Follow the steps below to get started.
Note: The number of scholarship awards and the amount of awards may vary.
Read the scholarship description carefully.
Click on "View Requirements" to learn more about application requirements and guidelines.
Use the buttons below to create a new Submittable account or login.
Complete the application on Submittable.
More Diversity Scholarship Programs
Check out other diversity scholarships and reimbursement programs from our partnering organizations that celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity:
- International Association for Black Actuaries (IABA) Exam Reimbursement
- IABA Scholarships
- Applications open: November 2022
- Application deadline: March 2023
- Award announcement: May 2023
- Organization of Latino Actuaries (OLA) Scholarships
- Applications open: December 2022
- Application deadline: April 2023
- Award announcements: June 2023
- Diversity Exam Reimbursement Program
- Brought to you by the joint efforts of the Society of Actuaries and Casualty Actuarial Society
- Sexuality and Gender Alliance of Actuaries (SAGAA) Scholarships
- Applications open: August 2023
- Application deadline: September 15, 2023
- Award announcement: September 30, 2023