Serving the Foundation
July 20, 2021
By: Jason Leppin
One of my favorite parts of leading the Foundation is getting to know new Trustees and seeing all of the different ways each one chooses to serve our mission. Sarah Hamid, FSA, who recently termed off the Board in June, served the Foundation in a variety of ways.
Her first experience with The Actuarial Foundation came long before she was a Trustee. Sarah first served as a volunteer helping middle school students with math in Chicago. Sarah said of that experience, “Seeing the students connect the dots and understand math concepts was a very rewarding experience.”
Luckily for us, that rewarding experience translated to Board Trustee when Sarah joined in 2015. Since joining, she has dedicated her time to a number of Foundation initiatives.
- She deftly served as Secretary/Treasurer in 2017 and 2018 as well as on the Audit Committee.
- Sarah was one of the first to volunteer to be a judge at the first annual Modeling the Future Challenge Symposium held in New York.
- She readily provided her photo and a quote asking for support that was included in the case statement for the Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Educate. Connect. Change. Campaign.
- She made a concerted effort to get to know the Foundation staff by graciously taking the entire team to lunch.
- She remains active on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
On behalf of The Actuarial Foundation, I am grateful for Sarah’s dedication and for all of the different ways she has served and still serves our mission. Thank you, Sarah, for your amazing contributions to The Actuarial Foundation!