Redefining Moments and Gratitude for Our Departing Chair
June 2, 2021
By: Jason Leppin
As Executive Director, I’ve had the privilege of working with many accomplished and exceptional leaders. Every leader was challenged beyond measure this past year. I can’t quantify how grateful I am to Margaret Resce Milkint for her positive, graceful leadership as Chair of our Board of Trustees.
It was truly an honor to serve with Margaret, who showed an amazing commitment to our mission. She often referred to herself as our “COVID Chair.” She approached every barrier as an opportunity and managed to find silver linings and showed courageous positivity throughout her tenure as Chair. I’ll never forget how Margaret always brought her smile to any meeting and event I was in; her enthusiasm was simply contagious and kept us spiritually afloat. Under Margaret’s leadership as Chair, The Actuarial Foundation made herculean efforts to accomplish various feats, including but not limited to:
- Exceeding annual fundraising revenue goals during a global pandemic
- Establishing the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Risk Management Committees
- Transitioning all in-person Math Motivators tutoring programs to virtual tutoring environments in response to the global pandemic
- Partnering with multiple leaders and organizations to design a new Diversity Scholarship program through Operation IDEA
- Implementing six new virtual happy hours to keep donors, volunteers and partners engaged
On behalf of The Actuarial Foundation, I am so grateful to Margaret for all that we’ve been able to accomplish together. It’s been an absolute pleasure leading this organization with Margaret, and I look forward to continuing to work with her as we serve and advance the mission of The Actuarial Foundation.